Feb 2, 2013

What do you do when you have to hop between books because none grabs your attention?

Because that's where I'm at these days, people. I've got like 6 books laying open, and I just can't concentrate enough to actually sit down and finish them. 

One of my problems is that I want to read everything, and I want to read it NOW. I'm impatient like that. So  right now I'm reading -or trying to finish- Vanish by Sophie Jordan, What We Saw at Night by Jaquelyn Mitchard, Fate by Amanda Hocking, The Dead of Night by John Marsden, and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. (And I seriously want to start reading Beautiful Chaos by Margie Stohl and Kami Garcia.) 
Fate's Spanish cover
  1. Vanish is the second novel in the Firelight series, and I liked Firelight enough to want to read this. But, reading it in Spanish is not helping me move on with it. I can't get emotionally attached to the characters, for some reason unknown to me. Like I said, I think the Spanish translation kills a lot of those emotions, but what can you do? An eighth -and no more- of the books I read come to my country in English, so I read what I can. (I have my Kindle now, so I can read more in English, but still, I'll take a printed book any day.)
  2. What We Saw at Night had good reviews, so I requested it on NetGalley, but honestly, I'm not feeling it. I think it's taking too long to get into the thick of the action (I'm ten chapters in and I read just one wowing event.) The MC, Allie, falls too flat for me. I'll try and finish this, perhaps I'll change my mind.
  3. Fate is the second book in the My Blood Approves series. I OK'd the first one, and this one seemed better, but it's going slow too. It's all about Alice and Jack; and Peter seems better than him even though he's not present in the book (yet). I'm having a hard time accepting all that goes on as fast as Alice. She's a lot like Twilight's Bella, always whining about not being a vampire yet. I mean, I thought she'd be different, this is supposed to be a great best-selling story!
  4. The Dead of Night is one of the books I'm liking best, but I forgot it back in La Plata. So I have to wait a few more days to finish it. It's the second book in the Tomorrow series, and the first book is now a film, and a great one too! Highly recommendable books. 
  5. The Lightning Thief I started today, and it's going great. I'm reading it faster than normal, and I have high hopes for this one. I've been told that the Percy Jackson series is like Harry Potter, so we'll see. 
OK, enough of my ranting, I'm off to try and read one of these. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI