Mar 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Heidi R. Kling! Help her Japan Fundraiser!


Today's Heidi R. Kling's birthday! 
I haven't had the chance to read Sea yet, but I've heard it's great.

We can all agree to what an amazing author and person Heidi is.
She's kind to all her fans, and bloggers alike. And you can see from her blog posts just what kind of person she is. Now, she's hosting a Fundraiser to help the people that have lost so much with the disaster of Japan. 
My husband works primarily in non-profits, and has donated his time overseas. He knows a lot about which charities are doing the best work, who give the most of their donations to the people themselves.  He recommends giving to Doctors Without Borders or Partners in Health.

Starting on my birthday tomorrow, our family is going to donate 20% of any new purchase of Sea, whether it be via Independent bookstore, Amazon, Nook, Kindle, discount stores, used online, or from me*, anywhere they sell books— to Doctors Without Borders.
As long as I know about the purchase.
What you need to do, is take a picture of your receipt and send it to us at:
sea4tsunamivictims@gmail.com
Your email will automatically enter you to win one of TEN “Dare to Love” tank-tops, available in turquoise and peach in all sizes,  and a signed poster of SEA.

I think what she's doing is more than amazing. She's willing to donate money and give back to her fans. I'm going to see if I can buy my copy of Sea and participate, because this is something that everyone should keep in mind, always. Read her full post here.

Happy birthday Heidi! I hope you have a wonderful day!
xo,
Ella

0 monkey thought (s):

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI