Dec 10, 2010

In Which I Discover Figment

Thanks to Reggie and Lauren I discovered this awesome site called Figment. It's like Facebook but for writing. You create your profile, upload your work and read what others are writing!

And let me tell you, there are some amazing things on this site. I'm reading the works of Kimberly Karalius, Linna Lee, Lola, Emily Kane (check her out! Her book Soul is awesome.), Reggie, and I'm sure I'll find more cool authors later on.

There's an ongoing contest that ends soon, where you have to write a story including a set of words you're given. Lauren Oliver's a judge, and you can win an ARC of Delirium, how awesome!

Visit my Profile, and read my WIP, Insomnia. Leave a comment here or there, I'd love to know what you guys think of it.

Is any of you a member of Figment? Let me know!

3 monkey thought (s):

Jordyn said...

I'm a member but I don't know if I'll actually post anything.

CloudyKim said...

Hi Ella!

Thanks SO much for your support! I'm so glad that Birdcage Girl is growing in popularity; it's very exciting and I can't help but find myself blushing with each comment and heart, haha.

Were you able to solve the problem with the locked chapter? I have no idea how that works and it's been bugging me. If you happen to know how to solve that issue, please let me know. I'd like all the chapters to be public.

Yes, I'm pretty excited about Figment too! It really is a great site and I'm looking foward to see what kinds of things will happen from it.

Ah, and thanks for stopping by the blog - it totally made my day :)

Kim

Ella Preuss said...

@Jordyn: Link me!

@CloudyKim: BC is awesome! It actually inspired me to try and write my own mobile phone novel. Such an original concept!

And, no, I had to skip that chapter and move on to the next. The problem is that you don't have it published, you've just saved it. Go to edit, find it and click publish. That should do it.

I loved your blog! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI