Nov 14, 2010

A quick question

After I read a book, I rush into writing the review, cause I'm afraid I'll forget what my thoughts were if I wait to write it. For instance, I read Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, and immediately wrote the review, pouring all of my thoughts into it. 

But I'd like to know, do you do this too, or wait until the release date of the book to publish your review? 
Delirium comes out next February, should I have waited a bit longer to publish my review? What do you think?


Thanks!
xo,
Ella

3 monkey thought (s):

Jordyn said...

I also write reviews right after (or very soon after) finishing the book. However, because most publishers like for reviews to be posted around the book's pub date, if it's a book I've gotten the chance to read beforehand I write the review right away but schedule it to post the week that the book actually comes out.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

I think it's important to do two things:

1.) Express how much you love the book if it's release date is far away.

2.) Either post the review close to the release date or at least post a follow up pre-release post about the book and link to the original post of the review.

I've done this in the past. :)

The Phantom Paragrapher said...

I always write my reviews after Ive finished the book but some publishers don't allow the reviews to be published until the date of sale. What I do though is like a New Release Preview - Quick Synopsis of the book and then have somewhere Review Coming soon etc.
I always store if I do the review b4 the due date in a folder on my comp.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI