Sep 17, 2009

BBAW meme: Reading Habits


So, I decided to do this little meme. Looks fun :o)

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I do. I like drinking mint tea, having some chocolate, or a cup of coffee.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I only write in school books. Little notes. I've never written anything other than my name on the front page of a book, when it's not for school.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Bookmarks.

Laying the book flat open?
It breaks the spine, and I don't like that. I once hit my little brother for doing it, even though he didn't know that'd happen.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Mostly fiction, but I like reading memoirs and an occasional history book.
I like Egypt a lot.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Both.
But if I have to chose between paperback and hardcover, I choose paperback. Much easier to hold.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I try reading until the end of the chapter, but if my eyes are closing, and I know I can't keep reading anymore cause what I'm reading doesn't make any more sense, I drop the book at any point.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No. Only if the word's haunting me hours later.

What are you currently reading?Marina, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

What is the last book you bought?The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I generally read more than one book at a time. Just because if I have a book that's lying on a shelve, I'm completely drawn to it, and can't wait to finish the one I'm reading.
So, I usually read 2 books at a time, sometimes 3, but the third is the one I pay less attention to. That one is usually a book I wanted to re-read.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Night in bed.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Stand alones! I really hate wondering what happened, why is that happening, does she really love him, or what? (this is the quetion that's in my mind right now)
But I do like series. More stuff to read.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Now that I think of it, I think that author is Isabel Allende.
I LOVE her, everything she writes, although she's not a YA author.
I started reading her last book, her memoir, and fell in love with the way she narrates.
Then I read De Amor y De Sombra (Of Love and Shadows) and loved it <3
I've read a bunch of her books but I still have to read a few more to finish reading her work.

I recommend her YA trilogy:*City of the Beasts
*Kingdom of the Golden Dragon

*Forest of the Pygmies
It's full of adventure!

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I just put all of the same author's books together.

That's it!

2 monkey thought (s):

Gina said...

I use bookmarks to, but I tend to prefer the hardback books. Harder to hold/carry, but sturdier...what can I say, I can be clumsy! =0)
Great post!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

i'm like you, if i am into it, i will only stop when my eyes cross!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI