Aug 3, 2009

Create your Debut YA Novel cover!

Thanks to NotNessie @ Today's Adventure, I found this really cool game.
All you have to do is follow the instructions, and you'll have you YA book cover in minutes!

1 – Go to "Fake Name Generator" or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
The name that appears is your author name.

2 – Go to "Random Word Generator" or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml
The word listed under "Random Verb" is your title.

3 – Go to "FlickrCC" or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php
Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4 – Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.

5 – Post it to your site along with this text.

Let 100 Scope Notes
know that you made one by commenting here, and it'll be added to the gallery!

Here are my covers (I created more than one, so the 1st is my "debut", and the others are the next ones I "published", LOL):

I really like how this one turned out, and my writer alter ego's name is cool.

Guess who this is?
Clue: it's an artist.

I don't know what to think of this one.
I like how the fonts look, but the back of the girl...

Now you give it a try!
If you do, let me know! I'd love to see your YA debut novel's cover! LOL

xo,


I think I'm going to keep doing this, it was so much fun!
Next ones will be for my short stories!

4 monkey thought (s):

Ivana said...

The last one is my fav...Kelly!
But I think I'd grab any if I saw them in the bookstore!

I'll have to try this, sounds like fun!

xo,
Ivy

Cecelia said...

Love those covers!

It makes you wonder if perhaps this is what publishing houses actually do sometimes...

Nadine Laman said...

That is really a cool exercise.

wdebo said...

Looks so fun! I love them!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and content by Ella Press, using elements by EMI